The Harborton History Museum opened its doors in June of 2016 with one local man’s goal – to preserve Harborton, Virginia’s past for future generations.
Founder Doug Belote’s vision has been years in the making, starting in 2011 when he decided to display his collection of artifacts at Harborton’s annual yard sale. Upon discovering many were interested in his findings, Belote noticed an opportunity to give back to his hometown and educate people on Harborton’s history by starting a gallery to house his historical archives.
Located in the town’s former U.S. Postal Service Office, Belote began filling the repurposed space with artifacts found around town, online auctions, and from donations made by town locals. He also built models of many historical Harborton buildings and constructed a replica of the Richmond sign for his exhibit.
Visitors are encouraged to check out the gift shop which features a variety of keepsakes for visitors to remember their experience, including embroidered hats, coffee mugs, Christmas tree ornaments, and many more unique souvenirs.
LogoUp.com is proud to showcase Doug Belote of the Harborton History Museum in our customer spotlight. The many museums across the nation that we have the opportunity to do business with means a great deal to us.
Be sure to check out the Harborton History Museum page on Facebook or see Belote’s “Town of Harborton, Va” Facebook page for more information on the bayside town.
YOU GUYS ROCK OUT LOUD!!!
1) We loved the easy ordering!
2) We loved the communication during the process.
3) Most importantly they made me feel valued as a customer!
4) Loved, loved, loved the follow through. Everyone did what they said they would. (Seems like a no brainer I know but it often doesn’t work like that!)
5) We loved that everyone went out of their way to make sure we received our shirts on time (even though we waited until the last minute to order them!)
6) We loved that the order received a “courtesy rush” so that we would receive them on time…even before we asked for it!
7) We loved the quality and price!!!!! We have ordered more expensive shirts that were of a much lesser quality. And the logo was just perfect!!!
8) And last but certainly not least, we love that we have a new shirt / logo provider!!! And we are sharing our experience with everyone we know!
Check out all the Carhartt apparel you can customize at LogoUp.com
Nothing better than getting a brand new hoodie! Today only this classic is 545 off!
Keep all of your meals cool with the Lacewood Lunch Cooler Bag! Insulated and easy to clean with water-resistant lining, get ready to eat your favorite meals for lunch! On Sale $6.99 | Today Only you will pay $5.99 when you enter code: SUMMER20 Click here http://goo.gl/OvBxfR To Secure Yours Today! http://ow.ly/i/kKWtB
Today Only: 25% OFF Everything + Free Shipping! Use Code: 25THURS LogoUp.com
Also check out our We Stand With Orlando Hat here > http://goo.gl/6klCSQ Proceeds go to the national center for victims of crime http://ow.ly/i/kmZcm
We Stand With Orlando #OrlandoUnited http://ow.ly/i/khghc